- Your plasmid does not have to be made by Fontaine Futuristics or any of the popular genetics companies in Bioshock, it can be made by a group of people skilled in genetics.
- When thinking of a name make it simple. If your plasmid shoots a substance that glues enemies in place call it Bio-glue, do not make the names needlessly long!
- Make sure your plasmid makes logical sense and ADHERES TO THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. You are allowed to be creative and use a little Bioshock magic to achieve a cool power but do not go crazy. A plasmid that makes everyone in a certain radius explode is not acceptable.
- Don't make your plasmid too similar to already established plasmids. If you want to make a fire-based plasmid then don't just have that plasmid throw bolts of fire.
- Do not write your plasmid as if it is going to be used for a game, write it as if the plasmid was going to be used for real life situations.
Writing Your Plasmid ArticleEdit
Step 1: HistoryEdit
It is always important to write the history of a certain plasmid.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How was this plasmid developed?
- Who developed this plasmid?
- How available is this certain plasmid? Was it mass produced or is there only a small supply?
Establishing a history is very important because you do not want to be stuck just creating a plethora of plasmids with "cool" abilities and turning the wiki into a "Create Your Own Plasmid" thread.
Step 2: AbilitiesEdit
This step is quite obvious, its abilities. All plasmids should have UP TO 3 levels. No more than 3.
Write your levels out in this format:
<u>'''PlasmidName Level 1'''</u>: Description
It will look like this:
PlasmidName Level 1: Description
Also be sure to describe some side effects it may have, especially if your plasmid was not made by the more well-known manufacturers.
Do's and Don'tsEdit
- Do not overpowered your plasmid, it will ABSOLUTELY BE DELETED.
- Do not make mind control plasmids.
- Do not make a plasmid that makes no sense, as discussed in Step 2.
- Do explain the science behind your plasmid, a good explanation keeps the delete tag away!
- Do categorize your article under the Plasmid category.
- Do add an image of a plasmid bottle, it makes the article more aesthetically pleasing.